Dedicated to Protecting Your Business Interests
Many of our family law clients have business interests in one form or another: the sole owner of an enterprise who is likely to figure prominently in a divorce or legal separation; ownership of substantial interests such as stocks in a business; or are joint owners of a successful enterprise.
Each of these scenarios presents unique legal and personal challenges for our clients. We are committed to helping you with all your legal needs. This requires superior legal knowledge and experience, as well as an intuitive business approach to protecting your interests. We are uniquely qualified to help our clients retain the business success that they have worked hard to achieve.
Personalized Service to Protect Your Business And Your Future
Our firm offers carefully tailored legal services to those with business-related legal needs arising in the course of an impending divorce, as well as those who simply value personalized business services. They include:
- Divorce and family business: We help clients navigate California laws regarding the division of business interests during a divorce or legal separation.
- Small-business legal services: We are experienced at handling many issues that arise under California business law, and our backgrounds as business owners, and experts in the fields of family law and estate planning, give us an advantage in handling the unique issues that can significantly impact small family businesses. Contact us to schedule an initial consultation about your concerns in any of the following areas:
- Business formation: Corporation, LLC (limited liability company), LLP (limited liability partnership), DBA (doing business as), sole proprietorship, partnership, family limited partnership or nonprofit corporation.
- Contract and document drafting: Purchase and sale agreements, shipping agreements, vendor agreements, employment contracts, policies and procedures, buy-sell agreements and other documents.
- Disputes and commercial litigation: We have the necessary experience to stand up for your rights in contract and commercial litigation, employment litigation, partner and shareholder litigation, and other business disputes.
- Business succession planning: It is necessary to determine whether your estate plan and your business structure are in sync.
- Business dissolution: The time may come to close down your business due to the retirement or death of a key participant, economic pressures or other factors. We can help you wind down the business in an orderly fashion, sell business assets and dissolve business entities.
- Business organization and development: Our firm offers a full range of services to help you with your short-term and long-term business goals. The services we provide include: Business formation of limited liability companies, partnerships, joint ventures and corporations; intellectual property issues; employment law matters; contract drafting and reviewing; mergers and acquisitions; sales and dissolutions. Our litigation experience helps us find the best approach to take to protect your business. We know how to find creative solutions, and we are committed to helping you and your business succeed.
- Transaction and contract law: Commercial transactions; contract management; financing agreements; licensing agreements. Be sure that the drafting and reviewing of your contracts and legal agreements are handled by someone who will protect your interests and make sure everything is correct.