Modifications Of Court Orders

A Pragmatic Representative for Modifications of Court Orders

Following a divorce or separation, individuals may move, get new jobs, lose opportunities, have babies and change considerably. A court order for child support, spousal support or child custody may become outdated and require modification.

These situations often have the potential to reopen old wounds and revisit hostilities that were present during the divorce process. With the right lawyer, however, requesting modification of an existing order — or asking the court to leave a prior order in place — can be approached pragmatically and with the goal of doing what is beneficial for all parties.

The attorneys at the Pedrick Law Group, APC, provide legal counsel to clients before, during and after a divorce or separation. We understand that once a divorce has been finalized, few people wish to go through the process of litigating a court order again. However, when our clients’ interests are at stake, we do everything possible to make sure they are paying — or receiving — support that is fair and reasonable under the circumstances.

Is Relocation Involved?

Even the most amicable of child custody arrangements can be upended when one parent wants to move away with the children and the other parent objects. Parents who have otherwise agreed on what’s best for their children can easily find themselves bitterly disagreeing over their children’s well-being, as well as their own parental rights. Courts in California have discretion to grant or deny a request to modify an existing order. Courts consider many factors in deciding move-away cases, including:

  • The children’s interest in stability and continuity in the present custodial arrangement
  • The distance of the move
  • The children’s ages
  • The children’s relationship with both parents
  • The relationship between the parents, including but not limited to their ability to communicate and cooperate effectively, and their willingness to put the children’s interests above their individual interests
  • The children’s wishes, if they are mature enough to make inquiry appropriate
  • The reasons for the proposed move
  • The extent to which the parents currently share custody
  • Continuity of attention, nurturing and care
  • Children’s health, safety and welfare
  • Any history of domestic violence

Get Help for Modification

The Pedrick Law Group, APC, has several office locations and flexible billing practices to meet your unique needs. Our philosophy is that clients come first. To speak with an experienced Encino modifications attorney regarding your legal needs, send an email, or call 818-528-4936, 661-591-4132 or 805-254-4173.

Call Now (818) 325-3934