Paternity Attorney

Why Paternity Is Important

Many people believe that paternity claims — known as parentage actions in California — only concern a father’s rights and obligations to a child. These proceedings are essential to ensure that both mothers and fathers enjoy protected rights with respect to their children — and to make sure that a child’s well-being is never jeopardized.

When paternity is established, a father can gain the legal right to spend time with his child. Establishing paternity also allows a mother to seek child support from the father. However, parentage actions can result in bitter disagreement among unmarried adults. We can help you reach a resolution.

Protecting Your Children and Your Rights

At Pedrick Law Group, APC, we aim to resolve paternity matters in the hope of maintaining amicable relationships between parents — both for you and your children. We want to do what is best for kids in these situations, but we also work diligently to help preserve our clients’ essential parental rights as well as the needs of the evolving extended family.

How Is Paternity Established?

A parentage action is required when unmarried parents wish to establish each other’s rights to custody and visitation of a child, as well as the resulting obligations to pay support. A judicial determination of parentage is required to establish a right to custody, visitation and support.

The attorneys at the Pedrick Law Group, APC, are effective advocates for both mothers’ rights and fathers’ rights and have had equal success representing both sides in these delicate matters. We believe it is important to preserve positive relationships between the parents whenever possible, but we also take seriously our role as advocate on behalf of our clients and their children.

Talk To An Attorney About Your Rights

The Pedrick Law Group, APC, is here to inform you of your rights and responsibilities regarding your children, and to help you assert those rights. To speak with an experienced Encino paternity attorney regarding your legal needs, send an email, or call 818-528-4936, 661-591-4132 or 805-254-4173.

Call Now (818) 325-3934