Do You Have Family Law Questions?

Family law issues can affect all areas of your life, including your family unit, your work life and your estate. They require big-picture solutions from an experienced legal representative. At Pedrick Law Group, APC, we offer one-on-one counsel for comprehensive answers to your questions.

We Have Answers

How will child custody be decided?

Child custody is decided by the court based on a number of factors. The court will side with whatever option is best for your child. Courts often seek to grant joint custody to both parents because children tend to benefit from time spent with both parents. If one parent has a history of drug abuse or violence, then the court will choose to protect the child. You can also choose a child custody agreement together through mediation.

As the custodial parent, can I move away with my child?

You must get permission from the court to relocate with your child. You will need to modify your existing child custody order with the help of a family law attorney; however, not all requests are granted. The move must be in the best interests of your child.

What happens to debt in divorce?

California is a community property state, meaning that property and debt acquired during marriage will be equally divided. It is best to consult with an attorney to determine how your martial debt will be handled.

What will happen to our family-owned business in divorce?

If your business was built during the marriage then it is considered marital property. Your spouse owns their fair share of the business. If you wish to keep the family-owned venture, then you can trade other assets of equal value to your spouse in divorce or you could purchase your spouse's share of the business. It is important to get assistance from a family law attorney with business law knowledge to best protect your interests.

Do I need to change my estate plan if I am getting divorced?

Hard-earned family assets could end up going to your spouse if you do not update your estate plan. You will want to remove your former spouse as a beneficiary, executor, guardian or administrator.

Arrange an Appointment to Learn More

Talk to an experienced lawyer in a private consultation by calling 818-528-4936, 661-591-4132 or 805-254-4173. We have flexible billing practices to fit your needs.